The Black Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for The Black Company

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Application from Bronwen (30-BW) and Thoren (29-IB) - [APPLICATION ACCEPTED]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bronwen_

Application from Bronwen (30-BW) and Thoren (29-IB) - [APPLICATION ACCEPTED] Empty
PostSubject: Application from Bronwen (30-BW) and Thoren (29-IB) - [APPLICATION ACCEPTED]   Application from Bronwen (30-BW) and Thoren (29-IB) - [APPLICATION ACCEPTED] EmptyTue Dec 16 2008, 15:53

Hi, I’m Amy. My husband Martin and I would like to apply to the guild.

Who we are: We’re a married couple in our 30s. He’s Scottish, I’m American and we live in Glasgow, Scotland.

IRL: He’s in IT and I’m a full-time uni student (again), now in the final months of an honours degree in Classics. Yes, I’m a history geek. I also work part-time.

Our mains: Martin mainly plays Thoren (level 29 IB) and I’m usually on as Bronwen (level 30 BW). We’ve both dabbled with various Order alts but so far have decided to stick with our chosen classes. We also dabbled briefly with Destruction to get familiar with the classes, but we reckon we’re just not bad-guy material. My experimentation has shown me that I need to obliterate Zealots, though. They’re really dangerous! My level 1 (one!) Zealot repeatedly beat a level 4 or 5 Ironbreaker quite easily in a scenario. I bet he was a bit annoyed at that…

Play time: We are on most evenings during the week for 2-3 hours between c. 7pm-12am CET (6pm-11pm UK), as well as a few hours on Saturday and Sunday mornings and/or evenings.

How we play: I started playing MMOs with Ultima Online (UO) back in 1997 and introduced Martin to EQ in 2001. We have since played a long string of them, including Everquest, City of Heroes and various others (but not WoW; we both hated it on sight!). In UO I played a sort of hybrid rogue/bunny-tamer and spent most of my time running away from Dread Lord PKers, cultivating the tailoring skill and dyeing my clothes. (My MMO-playing brother says I am SUCH a girl!).

I grew to hate the PvP in UO, though, so it’s a bit surprising to me how much I love the oRVR in Warhammer. It’s my favourite thing to do, and I love the scenarios, too, although I will happily pitch in on PQs and ordinary PVE quests. I also like to explore the far corners of the map and click on cows (or rocks, or whatever) to see if I can find extra quests. I’m convinced that this is why I am perpetually a level ahead of Thoren (although he thinks it’s because I ditch university coursework in favour of the game…heh, Never!). He tends to be a bit more methodical in acquiring and completing quests and generally doing the PVE to death, but he spends almost as much time in oRVR and scenarios as I do. We’re both up for anything, though.

Reason for applying: We just keep running into you guys! I always seem to find myself in a group with Chao, Gummymixer, etc. Everyone seems very friendly and fun and there always seems to be some of you online. Thoren and I have played lots of MMOs over the years, but we don’t tend to join guilds for some reason. I guess because we usually have each other to play with Wink and also because we haven’t found a guild that is a really good fit. They’re either run by a bunch of squabbling kids or they’re run by a bunch of obsessives who can’t understand why everyone isn’t online until 3am seven days a week! We’re looking for a balanced group and we’ve now played with enough Black Co. players to know that we’d get along great! J

Availability for interview: You should be able to catch us in the evenings this week or next and we’ll certainly be online more over Christmas as we’re both off for a fortnight beginning on the 19th! Yay! BTW, in case you could not tell from this application, I’m very chatty! Martin types about twelve words per minute, so I tend to do all the talking in-game. But if you’re patient, you can sometimes get the odd wisecrack out of him.

Hope to hear from you soon.

-Amy & Martin
Back to top Go down
Keldan
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 160
Class : Rune Priest
Crafting : N/A
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Application from Bronwen (30-BW) and Thoren (29-IB) - [APPLICATION ACCEPTED] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application from Bronwen (30-BW) and Thoren (29-IB) - [APPLICATION ACCEPTED]   Application from Bronwen (30-BW) and Thoren (29-IB) - [APPLICATION ACCEPTED] EmptyTue Dec 16 2008, 16:49

Thank you for a very detailed application. Please look me up ingame so we can get things rolling
Back to top Go down

Application from Bronwen (30-BW) and Thoren (29-IB) - [APPLICATION ACCEPTED]
Page 1 of 1