The Black Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for The Black Company

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Current State of the GAME!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bronson
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 2
Class : Engineer
Crafting : Savaging
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Current State of the GAME! Empty
PostSubject: Current State of the GAME!   Current State of the GAME! EmptyThu Dec 25 2008, 04:31

Well since u all quit with about 90% of the games pop about a month after launch.......heres an update Very Happy

The game is now in the state it should have being upon launch.

Theres a PvP system in place. not a good one. You can only aquire items by rank, 1 to 5. 1s easy, gets u bracers etc yuk, for chests pieces weapons etc, u need to REALLY ni hao it and grind away big time. Its on a par with old WoW warlord grind system, ridiculous time sink.

And due to server low pops, no minigames, which is a disaster, no sieges due to low pops, lack of reason for taking them and poor client stability - though this is genuinely being actively being worked on and if fixed in NY will give pvp a big boost.

SERVER MERGES

Come and have a look at AoC after these in New Year tbh, if your bored of WAR.

Hope this is of some help, personally with free server transfers illprobably be gonig Aquilonia RP pvp server, as i fancy this games strength is inits emmersion value and will be for the foresable future! And probably less mouse straffing pro pvpers on there too, rawr!
Back to top Go down
Falkthorn
Captain
Captain
Falkthorn

Number of posts : 437
Class : Warrior Priest
Crafting : Apothecary
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Current State of the GAME!   Current State of the GAME! EmptyThu Dec 25 2008, 14:32

Hey Bronson

Thanks for the update! When they set up for server merges I have said to myself that I`m gonna try Age of Conan again. I need to see for myself if the changes to the game have made it the game I hoped it would be so long ago Smile
Back to top Go down
Deedlith
Brother
Brother
Deedlith

Number of posts : 55
Class : Demonologist
Crafting : Architect / Gemcutter
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Some statements.   Current State of the GAME! EmptyThu Jan 15 2009, 13:17

I started playing again, a couple of weeks ago. Can't speak much for other servers then battlescar (ohh and the merge is today 15'th of january) but the game is still great =) ... The PvP system works rather fine in my opinion, and highlevels ganking lowlevels barelly exists cause of the murdersystem. + You can only kill one person like 5 times and get exp from him. After that you get 1 PvP xp / kill.

But I like the game, minigames is actually very active on Battlescar (unless it's a time when noone's online) but it's only lvl 75+ minigames. As for now it's one guild that rules kheshatta - but that'll change today. Quite a few big guilds is slamming up now. It'll be a war of wars ^^ ... Hopefully ;P ...

Personally I got bored of WAR quite quickly. AoC has advanced alot since I quit. They've balanced the game out quite alot too between classes. Well... Just wanted to state my opinion ;P ... I hope you'll get back ^^ .. I'm intending to stay =)

Cheers!

/Deed
Back to top Go down
Sykarus
Brother
Brother
Sykarus

Number of posts : 186
Class : Media Student
Crafting : Movies

PostSubject: Re: Current State of the GAME!   Current State of the GAME! EmptyThu Jan 15 2009, 19:14

I got myself a new laptop now, and its better than my old stationary one, so I might just buy a new game card one day, but first I need to install xp and get rid of vista xD How is the Black Company guild going in AoC?

- Sykarus
Back to top Go down
Deedlith
Brother
Brother
Deedlith

Number of posts : 55
Class : Demonologist
Crafting : Architect / Gemcutter
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Current State of the GAME!   Current State of the GAME! EmptyThu Jan 15 2009, 23:12

TBC is dead - Basicly noone online. Actually, noone is online. The only active PVP 'n PVE guild is Afternoon Delight which I joined instead - cause the few who continued playing from TBC and Avatar went there Razz ...
Back to top Go down
Cylon/Miriel
Officer
Officer
Cylon/Miriel

Number of posts : 390
Class : Shadow Warrior / Witch Hunter
Crafting : me?

PostSubject: Re: Current State of the GAME!   Current State of the GAME! EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 20:58

would u mind naming the active guilds and or ppl from TBC that still on Battlescar Deedlith?

im curious to know who's still there =p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current State of the GAME!   Current State of the GAME! Empty

Back to top Go down

Current State of the GAME!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Black Company :: Black Company Tavern (Guest Area) :: Age of Conan :: City Square-
Jump to: